Membership Scholarship Policy
Updated and Approved: April 3, 2017
The Planned Giving Council of Middle Tennessee (PGCMT) offers Membership Scholarships to local professionals who will benefit from an increased knowledge of fundraising but are unable to afford the full cost of annual membership dues. PGCMT Membership Scholarships cover one hundred percent (100%) of the cost of local and national membership dues for one full year and (100%) of the cost of luncheons.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria:
- Applicants must be currently employed as a full-time fundraising professional, spend at least fifty percent (50%) of their work schedule dedicated towards fundraising for his or her employer, or serve as a board member/leadership volunteer for a local nonprofit organization dedicating at least fifty percent (50%) of his or her services towards fundraising for said organization.
- Applicants must be employed within Middle Tennessee and/or perform at least fifty percent (50%) of their fundraising services for nonprofit organizations located within Middle Tennessee.
- Only one employee per organization can receive a membership scholarship in a year.
- Applicants must agree to volunteer for a PGCMT Committee for one full year if awarded a Membership Scholarship.
- Applicants must not have received any other local PGCMT scholarships in the past year.
- Preference will be given to nonprofit organizations with limited resources and individuals new to the field of fundraising.
- Scholarship applications will be reviewed and processed by the PGCMT Scholarship Committee and approved by the PGCMT Board. Applicants will be notified within 30 days following the deadline.
- The deadline for the submission of scholarship applications is May 31st.
Awards and Rejections:
- Applicants who are selected to receive a Membership Scholarship will receive both a phone call and a letter informing them that they have won the award. Award recipients will also be given a list of PGCMT committees from which to select for their volunteer service. Scholarship recipients agree to contact the chair of their chosen PGCMT committee(s) and inform them of their decision to volunteer within 30 days of receiving said award notifications.
- Recipients will receive a notification by email and/or postal mail when their membership information has been processed and activated.
- Individuals whose applications were rejected will be contacted by phone call, letter and/or email with an offer to have their applications automatically resubmitted into the next award year.
How to Apply:
Submit a completed Membership Scholarship Application and a one-page letter detailing how this award will benefit you and your organization to:
Paul Grassmann, President & Chair of Scholarship Committee
Planned Giving Council of Middle Tennessee
112 Westwood Place, Suite 250, Brentwood, TN 37027